R. Christopher Di Mezzo
Political Communications Operative
R. Christopher Di Mezzo
Political Communications Strategist
Hi, I'm Christopher! I am a political communications professional with a Bachelors degree in Communications and Government from St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York. Most recently, I served as the Director of Communications for the Vermont Democratic Party and a U.S. Congressional race in Northern New York. I am originally from Rome, New York.
As a Communications Director for a state democratic party and a congressional campaign, digital media specialist, and congressional communications aide, my resume is rich with on-the-record experience, pitching stories to local and national media outlets, as well as writing in the tone of political actors – candidates, elected official, party officials, and organizations.
Through my work with and on behalf of the Democratic Party and its candidates, I have built exceptional professional relationships with journalists around the county. From hometown papers to national broadcasters, these relationships will be vital to the execution of Representative’s communication strategy. I have had great success in quickly forming a rapport with journalists from different areas of the country and I am confident that building future relationships will be no different.
The work of creative communication and press relations sits at the center of my professional portfolio. To any team, I bring experience, positive energy, creativity, and proven strategic leadership. While I have much to offer an organization, having a liberal arts education, I am a strong believer in the virtues of life-long learning. That learning extends through my time in various professional roles. I thrive in situations that encourage me to work with and learn from my peers.
I am always looking for my next opportunity to work in communications for a politician, organization, campaign, etc. Want to chat? Contact me below.
Also, I make a mean Alfredo sauce.
On the trail
Director of Communications & Outreach , Chief Spokesperson,
Vermont Democratic Party
July 2018 - Today
As the Communications Director, my role is to oversee all communications coming from the organization – online, in print, television, etc. The Communications Director manages and creates the Party’s messaging and brand, executing the goals and objectives the Party has decided upon. Furthermore, I serve as the Party’s chief spokesperson and press secretary in and out of the State of Vermont.
• Served as the Party’s chief spokesperson and press secretary in and out of the State of Vermont
• Conceptualized, designed, and implemented an organization-wide re-brand including the launch of a new website, webstore, and branding materials
• Managed an all social media channels — planning and writing all content for a multi-platform approach
• Directed communication strategy for the VDP’s coordinated campaign, including campaigns for the office of Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Treasurer, Secretary of State, Auditor, Attorney General, and in partnership with the House Campaign
Communications Director, Martz for Congress
January 2018 - July 2018
NY-21, Saranac Lake, NY
As Communications Director, I designed and implemented a Digital-First, targeted campaign strategy including marketing tools like Facebook and Google Adwords. I also managed an aggressive online and social media presence — reaching 1 million impressions within our target audience.
For the campaign and the candidate, I acted as chief political strategist and advisor, as well as served as chief spokesperson and press secretary, drafting and sending all press releases and official on-the-record statements, as well as coached the candidate in public speaking and prior to media appearances.
As CD, I oversaw strategic media planning, press outreach, coordinated campaign events.
Director, Social Media Team | Social/Digital Media Strategist, St. Lawrence University
December 2016 – February 2018
• Managed and grew one of the University’s major social media platforms
• Directed a team of 12 volunteer social strategists
• Digital and social strategy, focused on creative, content, and videos
Congressional Communications Intern
May 2016 – January 2017
• Planned and executed strategic communication strategies for the Congresswoman
• Drafted and sent press releases, letters, social media posts, and emails to communicate the Congresswoman’s message with constituents
Community Outreach Coordinator/Planning Assistant, City of Rome, New York
May 2015 – September 2015
• Developed communication strategies to engage businesses and residents
• Wrote and secured grants for ongoing and future initiatives
St. Lawrence University
Minor: Gender and Sexuality Studies
During my time at St. Lawrence, I served as President of the Thelomathesian Society (SGA), the Chairperson of the Academic Honor Council, and in various other leadership roles on campus.